Global-Geography: Facts, Pictures, Stories, Maps - Explore the World!#
Click at any of the pictures above or further down! The following list and links will also give a good first idea. More specifically:
- Information on countries and territories (including pictures with good legends and information on cultural issues)
- Use the experimental laboratory to explore countries and parameters
- Interactively visualize many aspects
- Curent list of countries with a substantial set of pictures
- Stories for countries, often with many unique pictures
- Interactive 360° panoramas for countries, often with many unique pictures
- 360° interactive Videos
- Contributions concerning more than one country
- Find out how one can easily support the server and why and who should use it
- Consider pointers to some highlights before spending more time following all of the links above
- Information about the data sources used
- News, currently December 2017
What you should know about this project#Global-Geography (GG) is a project with many international partners (individuals or institutions) as shown in the Global-Geography Consortium, GGC for short. Each person shown is either just participating as person or is representing some group or institution.
Information can be viewed without registration, and anyone can contribute by sending information, comments or corrections by mail to office nospam@TUGraz.at @global-geography.org. Please help us check the accuracy of information or contribute otherwise as is explained in detail under item (6) above. Note in passing that each country has a category "Community contribution" where everyone can e.g. add the URL of a picture or video-clip of interest. The main difference of this geography server compared to others is that it not only provides numerical and cartographical information and allows to use the information interactively, but also offers information on cultural issues/cultural heritage and provides pictures (with extensive lengends) and stories typical for the country involved.
- This is explained in more detail in the main ideas behind this project.