The union with Norway was peacefully dissolved in 1905, leading to Sweden's current borders.
After the end of the Cold War, Sweden joined the European Union on 1 January 1995, but declined NATO membership.
- Sweden has largest boundary with Norway which is approximately 1619 km .
- Sweden has shortest boundary with Finland which is approximately 614 km .
- The largest river in Sweden is Dal River which is 520 km.
- The largest export partner of Sweden is Norway.
- The largest import partner of Sweden is Germany.
- There are 294 seaports in Sweden.
Surprising facts about Nobel Prize winners#
- Sweden is a country with First women (Selma Ottilia) who got this prize in “literature” in year 1909.
- Sweden is a country with 3 Nobel Prize Winners born in Sweden in a year 1974.
National Facts of Sweden#
- The national bird of Sweden is Common blackbird
- Linnea is the national flower of Sweden
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden unter CC