Following rapid economic growth in the early 2000s, Romania has an economy predominantly based on services, and is a producer and net exporter of machines and electric energy, featuring companies like Automobile Dacia and OMV Petrom.
It has been a member of NATO since 2004, and part of the European Union since 2007.
- Romania has largest boundary with Bulgaria which is approximately 608 km.
- Romania has shortest boundary with Ukraine which is approximately 169 km.
- The largest river in Romania is Danube which is 2850 km.
- The largest export partner of Romania is Germany.
- The largest import partner of Romania is Germany.
- There are 39 seaports in Romania.
Tourist Attraction#Bran Castle—"Dracula's Castle"—is spectacularly situated in the Transylvanian Alps.
- The national bird of Romania is Great white pelican.
- The national sport of Romania is Oină.
- The national dish of Romania are Mămăligă, Sarmale, Mici etc.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romania unter CC