In the years that followed, Italy abolished the Italian monarchy, reinstated democracy, and enjoyed a prolonged economic boom, thus becoming one of the world's most developed nations.
Italy has the third largest economy in the Eurozone and the eighth largest economy in the world.
Italy is home to the greatest number of World Heritage Sites.
It has a very high level of human development and enjoys the highest life expectancy in the EU.
- Italy has largest boundary with Switzerland which is approximately 740 km.
- Italy has shortest boundary with Holy See (Vatican City) which is approximately 3 km.
- The largest river in Italy is Drava which is 720 km.
- The largest export partner of Italy is Germany.
- The largest import partner of Italy is Germany.
- There are 86 seaports in Italy.
Tourist Attraction#A Venice café provides sustenance for participants in the city's famed Carnival.
- The national bird of Italy is Italian sparrow.
- Stylized Lily is the national flower of Italy
- The famous dance of Italy is Tarantella.
- The famous dishes of Italy are Pasta, Polenta, Pizza and Risotto.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italy unter CC