A developed country with an advanced, high-income economy and high living standards, Estonia ranks very high in the Human Development Index, and performs favourably in measurements of economic freedom, civil liberties, education, and press freedom (third in the world in 2012).
- Estonia has largest boundary with Latvia which is approximately 343 km.
- Estonia has shortest boundary with Russia which is approximately 290 km.
- The largest river in Estonia is Piarnu which is 140 km.
- The largest export partner of Estonia is Sweden.
- The largest import partner of Estonia is Finland.
- There are 38 seaports in Estonia.
Tourist Attraction#Old Town Tallinn is one of Europe's best preserved medieval communities.
- The national bird of Estonia is Barn swallow.
- Corn-flower is the national flower of Estonia.
- The national sport of Estonia is Basketball.
- The famous dish of Estonia is Verivorst with Mulgikapsad (sauerkraut stew).