Following the 1917 Russian Revolution and subsequent civil war, the territory of Kazakhstan was reorganized several times. In 1936 it was made the Kazakh Soviet Socialist Republic, considered an integral part of the Soviet Union.
Kazakhstan was the last of the Soviet republics to declare independence following the dissolution of the Soviet Union in 1991.
Kazakhstan is the world's largest landlocked country by land area and the ninth largest country in the world.
In 2006, Kazakhstan had become the dominant nation of Central Asia economically, generating 60% of the region's GDP, primarily through its oil/gas industry.
The capital is Astana, where it was moved in 1997 from Almaty.
- Kazakhstan is a land locked country.
- Kazakhstan has largest boundary with Russia which is approximately 6846 km.
- Kazakhstan has shortest boundary with Turkmenistan which is approximately 379 km.
- The largest river in Kazakhstan is Ob which is 5410 km.
- The largest export partner of Kazakhstan is China.
- The largest import partner of Kazakhstan is China.
- There are 5 seaports in Kazakhstan.
Tourist Attraction#Kazakhstan's arid lands and rugged peaks are home to over a hundred ethnic groups.
- Lily(Lilium) is the national flower of Kazakhstan.
- The famous dishes of Kazakhstan are Beshbarmak, Shalgam.