skip to content
skip to search
Peruvian territory was home to ancient cultures spanning from the Norte Chico civilization in Caral, one of the oldest in the world, to the Inca Empire, the largest state in Pre-Columbian America.
- Peru has largest boundary with Brazil which is approximately 2995 km.
- Peru has shortest boundary with Chile which is approximately 171 km.
- The largest river in Peru is Amazon
which is 6400 km.
- The largest export partner of Peru is China.
- The largest import partner of Peru is US.
- There are 40 seaports in Peru.
Special facts about Nobel Prize winners#
- Peru has only 1 Nobel Prize winner Mario Vargas Llosa. (Counting winners if born in Peru)
- The first Peru born Nobel Prize winner got this award quite late, 109 years after first Nobel Prize was awarded in 1901.
- The national bird of Peru is Andean cock-of-the-rock.
- Kantuta, Inca magic flower is the national flower of Peru.
- The famous dance of Peru is Marinera.
- The famous dish of Peru is Ceviche.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peru unter CC