skip to content
skip to search
In 2008, the country joined the Union of South American Nations as a founding member.
- Guyana has largest boundary with Brazil which is approximately 1606 km.
- Guyana has shortest boundary with Suriname which is approximately 600 km.
- The largest river in Guyana is Essequibo
which is 1010 km.
- The largest export partner of Guyana is US.
- The largest import partner of Guyana is US.
- There are 6 seaports in Guyana.
Kaieteur Falls—five times the height of Niagara Falls—are located deep in the rain forest.
- The national bird of Guyana is Hoatzin.
- Water Lily is the national flower of Guyana.
- The national sport of Guyana is Cricket.
- The famous dish of Guyana is Pepperpot
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guyana unter CC