In the 1960s and 1970s the country experienced severe left-right political polarization and turmoil.
- Chile has largest boundary with Argentina which is approximately 5308 km.
- Chile has shortest boundary with Peru which is approximately 171 km.
- The largest river in Chile is Loa which is 440 km.
- The largest export partner of Chile is China.
- The largest import partner of Chile is US.
- There are 74 seaports in Chile.
Tourist Attraction#The adobe, colonial-era Church of San Pedro dates to the early days of Catholicism in San Pedro de Atacama, but the village’s history stretches back much further.
- The national bird of Chile is Andean condor.
- The national sport of Chile is Chilean rodeo
- The national dance of Chile is Cueca.
- The national dishes of Chile are Empanada and Pastel de choclo.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chile unter CC