The Bahamas were the site of Columbus' first landfall in the New World in 1492.
Slavery in the Bahamas was abolished in 1834.
The Bahamas became an independent Commonwealth realm in 1973, retaining Queen Elizabeth II as its monarch.
- The largest export partner of Bahamas, The is Singapore.
- The largest import partner of Bahamas, The is US.
Tourist Attraction#The Bahamas has something for everyone—from vibrant city streets to tropical beaches.
- The national bird of Bahamas, The is American flamingo.
- The national sport of Bahamas, The is Sloop sailing.
- The famous dance of Bahamas, The is Junkanoo.
- The famous dish of Bahamas, The is Crack conch.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahamas, The unter CC