The French conquest of Tunisia occurred in 1881.
In 2011, the Tunisian Revolution resulted in the overthrow of President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali, followed by parliamentary elections.
The country voted for parliament again on 26 October 2014, and for President on 23 November 2014
- Tunisia has largest boundary with Algeria which is approximately 965 km.
- Tunisia has shortest boundary with Libya which is approximately 459 km.
- The largest river in Tunisia is Mellegue which is 130 km.
- The largest export partner of Tunisia is France.
- The largest import partner of Tunisia is France.
- There are 16 seaports in Tunisia.
Tourist Attraction#The mausoleum of Habib ibn Ali Bourguiba holds the remains of Tunisia's longtime leader.
- The national dishes of Tunisia are Couscous, Kabkabou.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunisia unter CC