It gained independence from South Africa on 21 March 1990, following the Namibian War of Independence.
Its capital and largest city is Windhoek.
- Namibia has largest boundary with Angola which is approximately 1376 km.
- Namibia has shortest boundary with Zambia which is approximately 233 km.
- The largest river in Namibia is Zambezi which is 2690 km.
- There are 4 seaports in Namibia.
Tourist Attraction#Sand dunes tower over a desert oasis in Namibia.
- The national bird of Namibia is African fish eagle.