Ivory Coast went through an economic crisis in the 1980s, contributing to a period of political and social turmoil.
- Cote d'Ivoire has largest boundary with Liberia which is approximately 716 km.
- Cote d'Ivoire has shortest boundary with Mali which is approximately 532 km.
- The largest river in Cote d'Ivoire is Volta which is 1600 km.
- The largest export partner of Cote d'Ivoire is Netherlands.
- The largest import partner of Cote d'Ivoire is Nigeria.
- The national bird of Cote d'Ivoire is White-cheeked turaco.
- The national dish of Cote d'Ivoire are Fufu, Kedjenou etc.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cote d'Ivoire unter CC