Burundi gained independence in 1962 and initially had a monarchy, but a series of assassinations, coups, and a general climate of regional instability culminated in the establishment of a republic and one-party state in 1966.
- Burundi is a land locked country.
- Burundi has largest boundary with Tanzania which is approximately 451 km.
- Burundi has shortest boundary with Democratic Republic of the Congo which is approximately 233 km.
- The largest river in Burundi is Nile which is 6650 km.
- The largest export partner of Burundi is Switzerland.
- The largest import partner of Burundi is Saudi.
- There are 1 seaport in Burundi.
Tourist Attraction#Burundi drummers perform during a tribal ceremony in Ninga.
- The famous soup of Burundi is Elephant soup.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burundi unter CC