Sonatrach, the national oil company, is the largest company in Africa.
Algeria has one of the largest militaries in Africa and the largest defence budget on the continent; most of Algeria's weapons are imported from Russia, with whom they are a close ally.
Its capital and most populous city is Algiers, located in the country's far north.
- Algeria has largest boundary with Morocco which is approximately 1559 km.
- Algeria has shortest boundary with Western Sahara which is approximately 42 km.
- The largest river in Algeria is Cheliff which is 700 km.
- The largest export partner of Algeria is Italy.
- The largest import partner of Algeria is France.
Tourist Attraction#The Sahara holds sandy sway over some 80 percent of Algeria.
- The famous dances of Algeria are haoui dance, Alaoui, Gnawa.
- The national dish of Algeria is Couscous.
Food in Algeria#Food in Algeria
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algeria